Braw Scots – white on red – art print
Celebrate the positive qualities of Scotland with this mid-century modern design, featuring a map of Scotland and text written entirely in Scots language.
Scots is a native language of Scotland. It can trace its roots back 1,400 years, growing apart from its English sister tongue during the Middle Ages. Scots was once the national language of Scotland and is today one of three recognised languages in the country.
Braw – fine, splendid; Bonnie – attractive; Cannie – wise; Cliver – clever; Couthie – sociable; Discreet – polite; Gallus – bold; Gleg – intelligent; Guid – respectable; Leal – loyal; Lifie – vivacious; Pally – friendly; Rare – remarkable; Sonsie – sensible; Strang – strong
- Each print is made in Scotland and signed by the artist
- Limited to 250 of each size
- The paper is Epson Ultrasmooth Matte 192gsm, acid-free cotton rag using archival inks (with a typical lifespan of 70-80 years).
- Shown in a frame as an example. This is not a framed print.
- Available in four versions